Oak & Me

Five years ago today, Oak and me flew back from Colorado to give him a try with a second home. He had the bad luck of being a field trial lab who was bought by a family with little kids who wanted a lounger. That lack of foresight worked great as we turned out to be a perfect fit - Oak is awesome and I get to have an awesome dog. Oak was especially fond of my unemployed status and decent throwing arm (until my shoulder wore out and I joined the Chuckit crowd).
The dog park every morning for some wind sprints and then a swim followed by lounging and yard work. Those were the best of times but they lasted just two months and then I started working... Only a couple pairs of shoes were munched as retaliation but he quickly figured out that destroying our footwear didn't stop us from leaving.
Fortunately for us, he also knows when to turn off the crazy so we can bring him along to almost anything. The only form of transit he has missed out on is the light rail and thats because I dont have the heart, or the strength, to carry him in a backpack.
The one thing that Oak marks on his calendar is the biannual South Dakota road trip where he gets to chase birds for a whole week and be pampered with his cousins.
 
I haven't had the heart to tell him that this year's trip is cancelled due to the logistics of driving a 6 month old for 1,300 miles each way. But I think he gets it:

PS - My apologies for the lack of new content recently. Working from your basement during the week and trying to avoid people on the weekends is not a recipe for a robust immune system that will stand up to the fertile breeding ground for pestilence that is daycare... 

PPS - Couple more of my favorites. We liked them so much that they became the nursery art so that the little man knows he has some competition: